Friday, 6 April 2007

Good Friday or Bad Friday?

I don't know if you can see the sunshine in this picture, but it is there. Definitely. And I'm stuck in the office...



It was my choice to work today, and make use of the new rules my employer has adopted on the flexibility of faith holidays. I am transport-less today, so it seemed to make sense to work today and take the holiday when I am not transport-less and when it suits me, rather than when it suits my employer and/or God/Allah/Bhudda/Yoda. I'm utterly convinced that everyone else (except the four of us in here and the lovely mechanics who are getting my car through it's MOT) is outside enjoying a day off in the sunshine.

I am actually catching up on some work (believe it or not!) and getting through a lot of tea. But I'd still rather be out climbing....

1 comment:

Ian said...

My faith (all Hail the Great Goddess of Recce, and her Demon half-sister Fettling) dictates a holiday today.

Actually, it was the Demoness who desired my worship today, and the Goddess requires my devotion on Saturday and Monday.

Such is life...
(Rev Ian)