Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Festival Madness

Having managed to avoid most of this year's Edinburgh Festival, I walked down the High Street on Monday, just to see what was doing.





Despite the annoyances of the Festival (extra traffic, people stopping in the middle of the street to take photographs, tourists assuming that the whole city is pedestrianised during the Festival, drunk people rolling back at 3am every night) Edinburgh is a vibrant place to be in August. I still find some of the things people do as part of the Festival very odd and very funny. But each to their own. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think me and my climbing are equally odd and funny. The world would be a very tedious place if we were all the same.

2 comments:

DaveR said...

Did you see that the Fruit Market gallery has marked climbs on it. Must be strange to non-climbers.

Ian said...

who think me and my climbing are equally odd and funny

from one obsessive to another: Odd, yes, funny, no...